Member’s update April 5th 2020
As you will be aware, we had to shut down the course for play from midnight, Saturday 28th of March. While this wasn’t an ideal situation for us, we did know it was coming at some stage and were as prepared as possible for it.
The health of our members, guests and staff will always be number one priority, but now we need to ensure that the course will come back in best possible shape once the restrictions have been lifted. There are going to be limitations on what we can do over this period, with staff restrictions and any further announcements from government that may come.
What we’re doing;
- Without knowing how long this process will go on for, we will continue to operate as per normal for the time being, to ensure we can keep the course maintained and ready for a re-opening date. Currently they have said April 13th, but I think we can agree this will most likely be extended.
- We are coring the greens over Wednesday 1st and Thursday 2nd of April. This is a well overdue job and seemed perfect timing while the course has no traffic, which will prevent any disruptions later in the year. It will also help us to maintain the rest of the course for a couple of weeks without having to put the man hours into mowing them, so win- win from this point.
- As of Wednesday 8th of April, we’re going to re-open the proshop as a “Take away Bottle Shop.” During this time it’s important for us to bring in any revenue possible and this will also provide opportunities for staff to stay on at work. There will be more information about this later in the week, but it would be great to see the local members supporting club and staff, plus it saves you a trip into town.
- For those locals, we have also set up “Eynesbury Fresh” which is delivering fresh food packs directly to your house from the Homestead. You can order online at https://fresh.eynesbury.com.au/ with next day deliveries for orders before 4pm.
Events @ Eynesbury
- All current and future events will be based on case by case, with matchplay currently being in play being the main one affected now. As we learn more about when we will be back out on course, we will start to re-schedule these events.
In other exciting news, we’re also excited to be just a few weeks away from our new MiClub systems, which will include memberships, comps, accounts all in one. This includes the scanning scorecards and the ability to have live leaderboards floating around the club. On top of this our new POS system which will work directly with MiClub, making the operations of the business far simpler and much more advanced for you guys. We will also introduce member cards which will be able to be used throughout the shop, Homestead and Grocery Store for member benefits and rewards. With a little extra time on our hands, I’m hoping this will all be set up and ready to go by the time we return to the course. In the mean time, you may notice some additional information coming through as we transfer everyone’s details into the new system.
In such a tough time for everyone, I’m sure Eynesbury will do what Eynesbury does best and that’s support each other. If anyone is doing it tough and there’s anything at all we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to contact us at anytime. I will be in the shop most days, but am always available via phone or e-mail and Lloyd will be back in to kick off the Bottle Shop next week.