Attention member’s and guests;
I’m touching base regarding the 10 lock down suburbs which some of you and guests fall into. By the rules you cannot leave your home for any reason other than work, exercise, food, care giving only. As per previous restrictions in place, the Victorian Government doesn’t consider golf as exercise, from Golf Australia’s advice last night.
Clubs & Facilities located outside of those postcodes
The Victorian Government has advised the following that will have an impact on clubs and facilities outside of those postcodes;
- That residents of those postcodes, should not be leaving home to play golf outside those postcodes, as golf does not fit into the four essential reasons to leave home
- The effect of this advice on clubs and facilities in non-affected postcodes is as follows:
- If you have members who reside in any of the above postcodes who present themselves at your club/facility to play golf or utilise other facilities, you should request the member to leave the premises immediately.
- Green fee players from the above postcodes should not be accepted for play, and clubs and facilities should continue to collect information of all guests of your club/facility. If a guest resides in any of the above postcodes, you should request the guest to leave the premises immediately.
Everyone’s safety is our number one concern and to do that I ask that any member’s or member’s guests from these areas please ensure you don’t come to the course. Yes this is tough for those affected and I feel very much for everyone but we need to ensure safety of our members, staff and guests, plus ensure we can remain open for those not affected.
On Tuesday 30th June 2020, the Victorian Government announced that from 11.59pm on Wednesday the 1st of July, the following postcodes were returning to Stage 3 restrictions.
- 3012 – Maidstone, West Footscray, Kingsville, Brooklyn, Tottenham
- 3021 – St Albans, Kealba, Albanvale, Kings Park
- 3032 – Maribyrnong, Ascot Vale, Travancore, Highpoint City
- 3038 – Taylors Lakes, Keilor Downs, Keilor Lodge, Watergardens
- 3042 – Airport West, Niddrie, Keilor Park
- 3046 – Glenroy, Hadfield, Oak Park
- 3047 – Broadmeadows, Dallas, Jacana
- 3055 – Brunswick West, Brunswick South, Moonee Vale, Moreland West
- 3060 – Fawkner
- 3064 – Craigieburn, Roxburgh Park, Mickleham, Kalkallo, Donnybrook
For those affected, please feel free to make contact with me if there’s anything I can do.
For those who can still play, we have upped the safety procedures put in place to protect everyone. Thanks to RMC Cleaning, a valued Corporate member of ours, we now have a sanitizer fogger that we will use for all carts, proshop and bar areas creating the ultimate protection. We also ask that you continue to following the social distancing rules so we can all stay safe and continue to play.